Set Active states
- Select all creatures that will be in combat
- Press the I key (as in Initiative) to make them active in initiative
- You can see all active creatures in the Roster by clicking on the Active roster button
Start Combat mode
- Click the Explore/Combat mode icon in the mini toolbar at the top of the screen (green compass)
- When in combat, the icon will look like a pair of red crossed swords
Verify & Confirm Initiative
- Initiative rolls can be edited by clicking on them
- When happy, click the green check mark icon
- Combat icons will appear at the top center of the screen when in combat mode.
- They are, from left to right: End turn, Ready, Delay, and Charge
- Icons are grey if they are inactive (not your turn). GM's icons are always active
- Charge applies a +2 to hit and -2 AC modifier for 1 round
Adjusting Turn Order
- End Turn moves combat to the next creature. Spacebar is a handy shortcut.
- Adding more creatures to initiative (the i key) automatically rolls initiative for the creature and places them in the correct order.
- To make a creature Go Now, press the G key or select from the right-click menu (alter > initiative > Go Now)
- Select the creature and press the A key (or right-click > Attack)
- The creature's programmed attacks will appear and may be on multiple pages (see pictures below)
- Select an entire attack set by clicking on the name of the attack
- Select individual attacks by clicking on the individual bonuses
- Add any relevant Attack Adjustments (like hit, damage, flanking, sneak attack) - note that these persist between attacks
- Click the green Check Mark icon
- TIP: To repeat the last attack (with adjustments) press the Q key
- Your will gain a targeting circle that follows your cursor and the current attack is at the top of the screen
- Click to apply an attack. The GM will get a confirmation request (see below) so be patient
- Continue applying each attack. If you need to cancel, press the ESC key
Confirm Attack (GM)
- Individual attack confirmations are queued via tabs at the top of the confirmation window
- The confirmation window will report hits in red and misses in grey. Confirmation rolls are a convenience and are used for critical hits or re-rolls if needed
- The GM can modify attack adjustments or AC type before confirming
- Confirm with the icons at the bottom: Miss, Hit, Critical Threat and Critical Hit. GMs can select these regardless of the actual die roll - this lets them fudge.
Apply Damage (GM)
- Review damage and edit if necessary
- Click the damage number to edit
- Click the damage entry itself (the grey rectangle) to cancel the damage completely
- Click the Green Check icon to apply damage
- Click & drag a creature you control to move it. Let go to confirm.
- You can "chain" movements to move around corners and obstacles (repeat the drag & drop).
- All movement during a turn is tracked via movement trails for convenience
Health & Dying
- GMs can hurt/heal units at will. Select units, then press the D key to damage or H key to hurt.
- Set the amount and press ENTER
- Units can be healed out of death state
- Delete a unit by selecting it and pressing the DEL key
- Reinforcements: Need more creatures? Either drag & drop more from the library or Clone creatures on the map with the C key, then quickly make it invisible
- Visibility: toggle visibility states with the V key